A one day course for any professional looking to increase their knowledge and skills of eating disorders and enhance best practice if a problem arises.
Delivered by our professional associate trainers this course will include topics such as:
- Signs, symptoms and diagnoses
- causes, triggers and 'at risk' groups
- Treatment and recovery measures
- Sufferers and their carers - parents, friends and teachers
- How you can offer support - and what isn’t helpful
- Support services
- The law - child protection, confidentiality, the mental health act
- The impact of peer pressure and the media
- building self esteem
beat are members of the CPD Certification Service and have accredited this course for CPD.
All delegates will receive a certificate of attendance to count towards their ongoing CPD.
£175 per person including handouts, certificates of attendance, morning refreshments, lunch and afternoon refreshments.